Coates Global Malta is a official agent regulated and accredited by Identity Malta, the official government agency in Malta. Our licence number is IIP149.
Malta Individual Investment Programme
If you’re a high-value individual, you can gain full EU citizenship within just 12 months for you and your family – including future generations. However, it has a strict lifetime limit of 1,800 main applicants, making Malta’s Individual Investor Program (IIP) Europe’s most exclusive citizenship by investment program.
Full EU Citizenship in 12 months
The Maltese Citizenship by Investment Programme was the first EU-approved citizenship programme. The scheme provides Maltese citizenship to the investor, their married spouse, their children and their dependent parents.
Citizenship granted through this programme is valid for life and is passed on to future generations by descent. Malta is a member of the EU. It has also been part of the Schengen Area since 2007. As at June 2017, the number of applicants in the Maltese citizenship programme was just over 1,500, out of the cap of 1,800 applications in place for the whole programme.
Malta is a safe and stable country with friendly people. It allows dual citizenship. Maltese passport holders enjoy the freedom to live, work and travel throughout the whole of the EU.
“In just one year you will become an EU citizen and gain a Maltese passport. “
The Benefits Include
- Work and live freely in Malta and any other EU country including France and Germany
- Visit over 160 countries without a visa, including the US
- Bring your spouse, children and any dependants with you
- Pass on EU citizenship by descent to any future children and, in turn, to their children whether they are born in or outside Malta
- Benefit from Malta’s no double taxation agreements – even if you make Malta your permanent residence
- Hold significant investments in Malta without fear of municipal taxes, estate duty, inheritance tax or other wealth taxes
The Key requirements are:
- Make a contribution to the National Development and Social Fund of at least €650,000; and
- Invest in stocks, bonds or special-purpose vehicles as identified by Identity Malta (Official Government Agency in Malta), for a minimum value of €150,000 (to be held for at least five years); and
- Make one of the following two investments:
- Acquire real estate with a minimum value of €350,000 (property must be kept for a period of at least five years, within which it cannot be let) OR
- Lease a residential property in Malta for a period of five years, at an annual rent of at least €16,000 (property cannot be assigned or sublet)